Mozilla Thunderbird Email Setup
This easy to follow guide provide step-by-step instructions on how to setup or troubleshoot your email program, with personalised screenshots providing visual examples to follow.
Your customised mail settings are as follows:
Incoming (POP) server: pop.your-domain.com
Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.your-domain.com
SMTP Authentication: On (same Username as POP)
SMTP Port: 587
Note: If SMTP Authentication is not catered for by your email program, you must rather use your ISP's SMTP server.
Setting up a new account for Mozilla Thunderbird
1. Launch Mozilla Thinderbird
Add new email account
2. Select File from the top menu bar and then New and Mail Account
Mail Account Setup
3. Enter your name (which will appear the "From" field in your emails), email address and password, then click Continue
Automatic settings check
4. Thunderbird will automatically search for mail server settings related to your account. This information is displayed on the same screen and a green light indicates that the search was successful.
5. Click Manual Setup
7. Ensure that the Use secure authentication checkbox is NOT ticked
Outgoing Server Settings
8. Click Outgoing server (SMTP) in the menu on the left hand side and ensure that the outgoing server is selected for the correct account/email address, then click Set Default (if not already the default).
9. Click Edit
10. Ensure that Server Name is smtp.your-domain.com and that the Port is set to 587.
11. Click OK
12. Your Thunderbird homepage will now display and you should now be set up to send and receive mail.